How to Download WhatsApp Stories on Android and iPhone
Ever since Facebook acquired WhatsApp, the limit to upgradations has been erased. But the newest feature that is dubbed as a clone to snapchat is a buzz word that has all the rights in the world to make noises for all the good reasons. We will be telling you how not just watch but to download those WhatsApp stories on your Android and iPhone. Don’t miss a line.
With the addition of a new feature, WhatsApp changed the way users have been interacting. Though the new feature is an extension to WhatsApp status, the additional wing attached to it is in the form of a video clip.
You can record a video and put it as your story, or you can upload an existing video clip/GIF from the phone to the storyboard.
You can check out the WhatsApp stories of your friends from the new “status” tab, just by tapping on the specific story and scrolling down. What if you want to download a particular story? Ever thought of it? The life of any story is 24hrs by default, and WhatsApp automatically deletes any story older than 24hrs. Therefore we have some cool trick to download WhatsApp stories on Android and iPhone.
We bring you the best and easy ways to download stories.
Below are the tried and tested methods to download WhatsApp stories for Android users:
We give you step by step procedure to download WhatsApp stories on your Android device.
- Visit Play store and Install ES file explorer.
- Open WhatsApp application and tap on Status menu option to see your friend’s stories.
- The hidden process is, once you view any story, by default it will be saved to Storage > WhatsApp > Media>.Statuses.
- The saddest part is, the above location is not visible. You have to tap on more and select show hidden files.
- The window presents you all the viewed stories of your friends.
- Choose the story that you want to save to your phone memory and long press the same.
- Select more from the options and choose copy to and give the destination folder that you want to save.
- And the task is accomplished, the story on WhatsApp status is now on your Android device.
The alternative to ES explorer, story saver for WhatsApp is a prolific application that is purely dedicated to Android users who wish to download stories from WhatsApp.
Install the story saver app and tap on the recent stories option. Once you see the stories of your; you, select the stories (photos/videos/GIF) that you want to download and click on Download option. The selected files get stored in your device.
Below mentioned are the tried and tested methods for iOS users to download stories from WhatsApp:
No matter what, the truth of the matter remains the same, iOS is not as flexible as Android to play around. We don’t advise you to jailbreak your device; rather we present you the best possible means to download stories from WhatsApp.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp application from your iPhone and register the device on Build Store.
- Install WhatsApp ++ and register with a valid phone number
- Tap on the status option to see a series of stories
- Select the story that you want to save.
- Tap on the download option that you see on the top right corner of the screen and choose the destination folder to save the story.
The alternative to the above process, using WhatsApp pocket is one best way to download stories form WhatsApp.
The catch here is it is a desktop application and is primarily a data recovery software, but now the makers have incorporated a new feature in the form of saving images/videos from WhatsApp to the local disk.
- Download WhatsApp Pocket and install the same on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone via USB cable and start the scan process.
- You get to see WhatsApp chats at the bottom of the scan results.
- Click on any WhatsApp chat, you get to see images, videos, and GIFs of your friends.
- Click on export attachment option
- The selected files will be saved on the desktop.
Now that you are well equipped with different ways to download WhatsApp stories of to your Android/iOS device, and it’s imperative that rooting/jailbreaking is not required but installing a 3rd part software is, start using the feasible method to save stories of your friends to your mobile device.
You May Also Like:-