Marketing is a very important aspect of the business world. This process is necessary for getting a product or service from the manufacturer to the consumer. Marketing has evolved into many different processes throughout the years.
Everything from television commercials, survey sites, and product placement are different aspects of the whole marketing procedure.
There is also one more type of product and service promotion activity called influencer marketing that provides the latest way to impact consumers.
The following information will provide you with the knowledge you must know about this dynamic Influencer marketing activity.
- 1 What is influencer marketing?
- 1.1 Locating Influencers for Your Businesses
- 1.2 Marketing Processes through Influencer Marketers
- 1.3 Here are some basic marketing methods that can be done with the help of influencer marketers.
- 1.4 Marketing Research –
- 1.5 Word of Mouth –
- 1.6 Branding –
- 1.7 Content Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) –
- 1.8 Email Marketing –
- 1.9 Social Media Marketing –
- 1.10 Video Marketing –
- 1.11 Help Influencer Marketers to be Successful
- 1.12 Social Reach and Consumer Trust
- 1.13 Closing Thoughts on Influencer Marketers
What is influencer marketing?
Influencer marketing is a business process that uses influential people to move products and services. Within this marketing scheme, the influencer can persuade potential buyers to make purchases of products and services.
Businesses will organize their marketing efforts around individuals who have the power to persuade consumers. This type of marketing activity has its own set of rules and protocol. Continue reading to discover what they are.
Locating Influencers for Your Businesses
The most challenging part of influencer marketing is finding an individual that has the ability to persuade various consumers. This is not an easy thing to do because finding a person that can influence consumers to buy your particular product and/or service is not simple.
You will need to find a person that not only has a profound influence on consumers, but they will also be the best fit for your particular product or service.
When your organization needs to find an influential marketer, there are two places they should look. The first place is the internet and the second place is within a local community. There are some extremely influential people on social media and/or internet blogs.
These individuals typically have large numbers of people that follow after them, and they are usually socially influential.
These are the type of individuals that can motivate people to check out new websites, to like somebody on social media or videos or to check out the latest video. There are people who are in the real world who can influence people to make decisions about certain products or activities as well.
These individuals are primarily on radio and television. Locally, they are the popular people at a local high school or college. They can motivate the student body to turn out for a game, or they can get people involved with a cause.
Some people who are influencers work in businesses. These individuals are the people that can motivate the staff to be more productive or to get them to turn out in support of their business at a convention.
Influencers can be a family member, and they can also be the popular people in neighbourhoods or local communities. Influencers are everywhere and finding them is the key to having success with this marketing strategy.
By the way, influencer marketing is primarily done on the internet. However, this does not mean that this marketing strategy doesn’t exist in the real world.
The information that is being presented here will just focus on finding influencers on the internet. Don’t forget that you can use these processes to find influential people in the real world as well.
Here is a checklist of what you need to look for when you need to find an influencer marketer for your organization:
- Look on social media for individuals who are best suited to represent the products or services that your organization sells. Just because somebody has a lot of followers, that does not mean that their followers are going to buy your product. For example, if a person has 20,000 followers on Twitter and they are just a regular individual; you should figure out the type of people that they appeal to and are influencing. This way you can tell if they are a good fit for your organization.
- Once you can figure out the type of person that is best suited for your business; you should then approach that individual to figure out if they are willing to perform this job.
- Screen potential marketing influencer by using some of the same techniques for hiring regular employees. Just make sure that you are screening these individuals to ensure that they are serious about the job. The last thing that you would want is to hire someone who is not committed to following through with a campaign.
- You will have to pay a marketing influencer money for their work. The going rate for an influencer marketer could be as little as $200 or as much as half a million. The rate that you pay an influential marketer will vary. This rate should be based on certain criteria such as the length of a campaign, a number of people you expect your influencer to reach and how many links or messages they are actually producing. You should also keep in mind that superstars or extremely popular people can charge more for their services than people who might not be as influential.
- When you are trying to find an influencer marketer; you will probably have to search through various blogs and social networks to get that person. A good company will try to find the influencer marketers they need long before they start a campaign. However, to save you some time with your search the most influential people on the internet (and in the real world) are listed in the following paragraph.
An individual such as activists, trendsetters, authority figures, entertainers, educators, coaches, charismatics, gurus, public speakers, popular personalities, mavens and people who have the ability to sell well, tend to be the best individuals for influencer marketing.
- When you find influential people, rank them in their order of importance. You should also categorize them for particular campaigns and promotional activities. The reason why you need to rank and categorize marketers is due to the fact that they are not equal. A superstar entertainer or athlete will have more influence over a larger segment of the population than a popular person who only impacts a community or a neighbourhood. Rating influencer marketers help you to figure out the best way to use their services.
These steps provide a basic guideline to finding influencer marketers. You can use these strategies or create your own methods for finding talent. Make sure you have thoroughly screened the person you are trying to hire. Once again, you do not want to take on an individual who is not right for your organization.
Marketing Processes through Influencer Marketers
After you found the right person for the right type of influencer campaign; the next step is to figure out the marketing process that can best be utilized by that individual. What types of marketing processes should be utilized by influencer marketing? That will depend on what you are trying to accomplish.
If you are trying to sell a product, then you will need to market through an influential person who is more suitable for that particular brand or product.
If you are trying to get the word out about your brand, then you will need to market with an influencer. Once again, your particular marketing needs will determine what type of role an influential marketer will need to take for your organization.
Here are some basic marketing methods that can be done with the help of influencer marketers.
Marketing Research –
All influencer marketers are connected with a group of people that they can persuade to purchase products or services. Your company will have to use these individuals to figure out who these individuals are through to the services of the marketer.
Word of Mouth –
Word of mouth marketing is an area where many influencer marketers shine. This marketing method requires a marketer to pass along positive information about a particular product or service.
An influencer marketer can be utilized to promote a company’s brand to the public. This type of marketing technique is effective for businesses that want to make a certain segment of the population aware of their organization and what it has to offer.
Content Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) –
Businesses will need content marketing and SEO practices to ensure that they are staying relevant on the internet. An influencer who is good at writing content and using SEO strategies can help an enterprise to effectively reach more consumers on the web. An influencer who uses these particular techniques can write articles, blogs and ads to get the job done.
Email Marketing –
Another great online marketing strategy is email marketing. An influencer marketer can utilize this technique to reach out to their followers by sending them information through their emails.
Social Media Marketing –
This is the premier marketing from influencer marketers. This type of marketing can quickly reach lots of consumers and can be utilized to advertise information within moments.
Video Marketing –
The activity of video marketing is very important for online marketing activities. Video marketing is similar to producing commercials or infomercials. Influential people who have their own popular video channels have the potential to reach large segments of the population with their activities.
There are more marketing techniques that influencers can use to reach consumers. However, these are the basic Influencer Marketing activities where influencers are best utilized.
Help Influencer Marketers to be Successful
If you really want success from your influencer marketers, you will have to set them up to be successful. The best way that you can do this is by giving them the resources and information that they will need for a unique marketing campaign.
You should provide them with the type of messages you want to pass along to consumers. You should also describe to them the type of features you want to promote a certain product.
Everything that you want consumers to know about what you are selling should be presented to an influencer marketer. This way he/she will be able to market what you are selling effectively.
Make sure to discuss your campaign and expectations upfront. This is important because an influencer marketer will promote your business in the best way that they see fit if you do not give them a marketing guideline.
Unless your organization is okay with an influencer marketer promoting your business, however, they see fit; make sure you discuss what your expectations are. This avoids any confusion, misunderstanding or mishaps once the marketing campaign begins.
Social Reach and Consumer Trust
An influencer marketer must have a social reach and the trust of the people that are trying to persuade. If they do not, then they will not be effective at this type of endeavor. Influencer marketers should know how to communicate your brand, product, service and what you have to offer to a consumer within their network.
They must also have the right relationship with their followers. Trust is a big thing when it comes to recommending products. If a person does not know someone or trusts that individual, they probably will not buy anything from them at all.
Think about it. Would you buy a product when someone you did not know all that well or trusted recommend it to you? Probably not.
Many people who follow influential individuals have some sort of trust with this person. They also like something about these individuals; otherwise, they probably would not follow after them.
The main thing to remember is that influential people should have a relationship and trust among their followers. You can figure this out by simply evaluating an influencer marketer’s online interaction with followers inside of their network.
Closing Thoughts on Influencer Marketers
Influencer marketers are a small part of the bigger picture when it comes to Influencer Marketing for business. An enterprise should use them to push into territory where they have a hard time going and to open up new markets.
Influencer marketers are effective if they are utilized in the right way. The hard part is finding the right type of individuals who can best serve your company.
It is also best to use more than one type of influencer marketer for this promotional strategy. Once you find the right person to promote your business, you will definitely increase your brand, reputation, sales, and profits. A good influencer marketer will definitely have a positive effect on your business.