Top 5 Train Ticket Booking Apps for Android in India
India has the fourth largest railway network in the world with around 24 million of daily commuters whose livelihood depends on the Indian Railways. Therefore, it does not come as a surprise that big corporate houses have capitalized on this ever-growing opportunity by creating many useful and attractive android Train Tickets Booking Apps that will help you book your train ticket online without the hassle of waiting in the queue in the reservation counter of Railway Stations.
So, here is the list of top five train ticket booking apps that you can use to book train tickets through your android devices.
Top 5 Train Ticket Booking Apps for Android
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
Being the official website for Indian Railways, IRCTC made their intentions quite clear when they very recently revamped their website and Official App to make it more efficient, user-friendly and attractive, that they want to increase their user base and don’t want to lag behind increasing E-commerce business in India.
Apart from being the oldest Android app to assist in booking train tickets, IRCTC now also attract attention because of the attractive offers it provides with their recent partnership with some of the top payment companies in India and by establishing itself one of the best train ticket booking mobile app.
Why IRCTC :
- Best of the best tatkal train ticket booking mobile app for grabbing those crucial tatkal tickets which are always hard to get because of the sheer urgency it requires.
- This festive season, they are offering attractive cashback offers if you choose to pay through BHIM payment.
- The seat availability is the most updated among other train ticket booking apps.
Already declared the fastest growing payment app by a large chunk of media, we were not surprised to see PayTm diving itself as one of the Online train ticket booking apps for Android.
It’s easy to navigate features and the fact that it lets you save your details for filling up ticket forms is among several features that are better than other train ticket booking apps.
- Also known for its amazing cashback offer, PayTm doesn’t disappoint us while booking train tickets too, giving up to Rs 100 cashback on every transaction.
- If you have enough PayTm cash, you don’t need to feed your bank details every time to book a ticket.
- The easy cancellation process is also something to look at on this app which does make life easy while waiting for the refunds.
The official partner of IRCTC for train ticket booking in India and a rating of 4.5 in Playstore does say a lot about this app, and the fact that you can even book a general ticket through IXIGO app makes a huge difference for a regular commuter and advantage over other railway ticket booking.
It has a one-step login feature which does complement its user-friendly interface which has tons of feature apart from booking train tickets.
- One of those train ticket booking apps to offer attractive cashback if you pay through Flipkart’s Phone-pe while booking a ticket in this app.
- check PNR status
- Find out the railway time table.
- The live train status of trains can also be easily found out along with there current route map.
- Allows you to order for catering services directly to your respective compartment through IRCTC’s official food vendors.
One of a big name in booking hotels and flight ticket, recently been authorized by IRCTC to book train tickets. This train ticket booking app automatically becomes very trusted and secure to use when the company management claims to have more than 20 million customer base, which in itself is a huge number.
- Along with being one of the top train ticket booking apps, you can also book hotels and bus ticket through there app.
- Does offers a good deal if you book your train tickets and hotel while you are on a vacation.
- The automatic sync feature that was recently added by the company does help if you switch between devices through the same account and helps in keeping a tab about your recent searches.
Another official partner of IRCTC and Indian Railways (IRCTC), we must say Goibibo is little more attractive than its peers because of Gia ( A contemporary of Siri), where you press the mic and ask for best suitable train and their respective routes, and Gia shows you the way.
This app lets you log in through your IRCTC ID directly through the mobile train ticket booking app.
- An important feature of this app is its confirm ticket prediction when in a rush and went through with a waiting ticket. The prediction has already proven to be a useful addition to train ticket booking.
- Allows you to check PNR status information, train ticket availability, tatkal ticket booking, seat availability, train route, and train fairs
- Live train Running Status
Be it booking an Online train ticket or checking PNR status, knowing seat availability status or canceling a pre-booked ticket, racing against time to book a tatkal ticket or having a confusion of confirmation of a waiting ticket, these train ticket booking apps have proven to be both very useful and secure.
Have a great time exploring Indian Railway wide services via these train ticket booking apps.
If you have any other train ticket booking apps up to your sleeves, share with us in comments below.
Let us know which train tickets booking app do you usually prefer.
You Might Also Like-