How to Book Train Ticket Online In India through IRCTC
Are you a frequent train traveler? Did you plan your next trip? And Want to know how to book train ticket online in India? but confused about online train ticket booking through IRCTC official site?
Back in the days, you have to hire a travel agent or agency and give him an extra commission to book your train ticket for your next trip. But thankfully those days are long gone.
New IRCTC next-generation e-ticketing railway reservation website has just made the process of booking of train tickets smoother and easier for you!
The new IRCTC has many new features from which passengers stand to benefit. From checking train availability, find trains between two stations, HOLIDAY PACKAGES, TOURIST Train, e-catering without logging in.
Alternatively, there are a few ways you can go about making an Indian railway’s online train ticket booking reservation such as Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip, Ixigo and Paytm App now offer online Indian railways reservation.
These Indian railway ticket booking apps and websites are much more user-friendly, so, ticket-seekers can now book E-ticket through their mobile phones or laptop.
Here, At Techibhai helps you with step by step guide for online train ticket booking in India.
IRCTC official twitter account said, “You can Book Train Ticket Online through Website or Mobile App and Show Tickets on SMS.”
How to Find & Book Railway Ticket on IRCTC website:
The IRCTC Website/App helps a customer save a lot of time from standing in railways station windows or other delays.
- Visit https://www.irctc.co.in/ official site
- Login with your existing IRCTC user id and password, or Register as an individual. Registration is FREE.
- The “Plan my travel” page appears.
- Enter the details of the station you want to depart from, the station you want to travel to, your journey date, class and (and quota if relevant).
From – NDLS (New Delhi) To – LKO (Lucknow) Date – (20/1/2019), Select Class- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Ac or Sleeper Class
- Now Click on Find Train
- Now once the train list’s page is open, go to “Check availability & fare” from the right side.
- If there’s no seat availability on your particular train, it will show as Waitlist (WL) or Reservation against Cancellation (RAC).
- Once you’ve found your suitable train to travel on, click on the “Book Now” option under “Availability”. You will be taken to the ticket reservation page,
- Fill in the passenger details (Name, Age, Gender, Berth) Confirm booking details, and make payment through Credit/debit card, Online Banking or Wallets to get successful.
After booking, within few min passengers will receive a reservation confirmation message on your registered Mobile no, with full details of the ticket including PNR, Train No, date of journey, class etc. This virtual message would be treated at par with the print-out of the e-ticket.
Showing the reservation message of the confirmed ticket on their mobile during travel will be sufficient.
So following are the steps through which you can book train ticket online in India through IRCTC website with so much ease and comfort.
Note – Simply Follow this step by step guide for train reservation in India and get the train ticket right on your mobile phone. And, don’t worry you can always get PNR status, train schedule, train timings by dialing 139.