Are you a frequent train traveler? Did you plan your next trip? And Want to know how to book train ticket online in India? but confused about online train ticket booking through IRCTC official site?
Back in the day, you have to hire a travel agent or agency and give him an extra commission to book your train ticket for your next trip. But thankfully those days are long gone.
THE New IRCTC next-generation e-ticketing railway reservation website has just made the process of booking train tickets smoother and easier for you!
The new IRCTC has many new features from which passengers stand to benefit. From checking train availability, Check PNR Status, find trains between two stations, book online train tickets, HOLIDAY PACKAGES, TOURIST Train, e-catering, and Order Food in Train without logging in.
Alternatively, there are a few ways you can go about making an Indian railway’s online train ticket booking reservation such as Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip, Ixigo and Paytm App, Indian Railway apps, now offer online Indian railways reservation.
These Indian railway ticket booking apps and websites are much more user-friendly, so, ticket-seekers can now book E-tickets through their mobile phones or laptop.
Here, At Techibhai helps you with step by step guide for online train ticket booking in India.
IRCTC official Twitter account said, “You can Book Train Ticket Online through Website or Mobile App and Show Tickets on SMS.”
- Maximum Six tickets in a month, you can be book by a user from one user ID.
- According to IRCTC’s Official website “irctc.co.in” Advance rail reservations can be made up to 4 month (120 days ) in advance.
- Indian Railways requires seat reservations on all classes of travel except general class.
How to Find & Book Railway Ticket on IRCTC website:
The IRCTC Website/App helps a customer save a lot of time from standing in railway station windows or other delays.
- Visit https://www.irctc.co.in/ official site, You will get irctc account login page
- Login with your existing IRCTC user id and password, or Register as an individual. Registration is FREE.
- The “Plan my travel” page appears.
- Enter the details of the station you want to depart from, the station you want to travel to, your journey date, class, and (and quota if relevant).
From – NDLS (New Delhi) To – LKO (Lucknow) Date – (20/1/2019), Select Class- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Ac or Sleeper Class
- Now Click on Find Train
- Now once the train list’s page is open, go to “Check availability & fare” from the right side.
- If there’s no seat availability on your particular train, it will show as Waitlist (WL) or Reservation against Cancellation (RAC).
- Once you’ve found your suitable train to travel on, click on the “Book Now” option under “Availability”. You will be taken to the ticket reservation page,
- Fill in the passenger details (Name, Age, Gender, Berth) Confirm booking details, and make payment through Credit/debit card, Online Banking, or Wallets to get successful.
After booking, within few min passengers will receive a reservation confirmation message on your registered Mobile no, with full details of the ticket including PNR, Train No, date of journey, class, etc.
This virtual message would be treated at par with the print-out of the e-ticket.
Showing the reservation message of the confirmed ticket on their mobile during travel will be sufficient.
So following are the steps through which you can book train ticket online in India through the IRCTC website with so much ease and comfort.
Note – Simply Follow this step by step guide for train reservation in India and get the train ticket right on your mobile phone.
And, don’t worry you can always get PNR status, train schedule, train timings by dialling 139.