Gone are the days when BA was considered the last resort for 12th-pass-out students. Now, more than ever students are opting for BA courses because of the career opportunities this field brings to the table. If you are unaware of the career path available to BA graduates then this blog will guide you to learn about the ocean of career opportunities available after studying at BA colleges in Bhopal.
Table of Contents
Overview of BA degree
Bachelor of arts is a 3 years undergraduate course in the arts stream. This course is available in all the best Arts colleges in Bhopal. As a student, you can go for a general BA degree where you’ll be taught about humanities, social science, and arts. And BA Hons. You can do specialization in any of these fields-
- Home Science
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Public Administration
- Rural Development
- Human Rights
Eligibility Criteria of BA colleges in Bhopal
Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent. As per State Govt. norms relaxation will be provided to reserved category students or equivalent.
Career paths available with a BA degree
Higher education courses after BA
- MA– If you are interested in learning and gaining a deep understanding of a specific subject, you can go ahead with the master of arts.
- MBA– Master of business administration is one of the popular degree courses in India. This professional degree enhances your chances of getting managerial positions in companies with high salary packages.
- LLB– Pursuing law after BA is another popular option for BA graduates. LLB is a basic eligibility criterion to pursue law in India. Through an LLB degree, you can take up a job as a legal counsellor.
Journalism– Students can also pursue journalism after their BA. Students may decide to focus on certain media such as broadcast, print, or digital, or choose a specialized industry area such as crime, politics, business, sports, entertainment, and finance
Civil services– BA degree sets the strong foundation for the civil services exam. Students can prepare for the UPSC exam to become IAS, IFS, or IPS officers.
- SSC exams– Most of the competitive exams that companies utilize to select competent candidates for more than 20 various job profiles of Group B, C, and D services are administered by SSC.
- Banking exams– If you want to make a career in the financial sector, preparing for SBI PO, IBPS PO, and other banking examinations can be a great option for them.
- State Public services- State PSC exams are conducted by every state of India to recruit group A and B grade officers. This exam is similar to UPSC but organized at a state level.
- Archaeologists- Jobs in the field of archaeology are available to anyone who is interested in learning more about the history of people, animals, or ancient civilizations. An archaeologist is responsible for handling and safely maintaining museum artifacts in privately or publicly owned institutions.
- Psychologists– Psychologists treat people who are suffering from trauma, mental disorder, or any kind of abuse by understanding their behaviour using observing, assessing, and experimenting with the client.
- Content writer- Content writers write blogs, articles, video scripts, and emailers for the digital platform of companies to make the reader understand a particular topic. The advantage of pursuing this career is you can work as a full-time, Part-time employee, or freelancer.
- Business development manager– Business development managers are responsible for encouraging organizational business growth. To bring in new clients, these managers build a network of contacts, research developing market opportunities, and oversee growth efforts while forecasting sales and calculating revenue to match expected income.
- Administrative assistant– Administrative assistants are charged with efficiently completing a variety of office administrative responsibilities while working in an office environment across numerous businesses. Their role is to plan appointments, keep office file systems updated, and manage them.
- Historian– Historians research historical items and gather data from archives, libraries, and museums. They might translate historic papers and offer suggestions for how to best preserve objects and records. Historians are hired by Museums, research facilities, universities, and media houses.
- Social Worker– Social workers work for social development programs both in the public and private sectors. They help individuals, and communities deal with issues such as abuse, behavioural disorders, mental health conditions, domestic violence, etc.
Mansarovar Global University- The best university in Madhya Pradesh
MGU aims to provide academic knowledge and values to the students that can help them in facing future challenges and become responsible citizens of society. Founded in 2018 by Sri sai Gramothan samiti, this University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various disciplines.
At MGU, they provide BA general, and BA honours courses in various specializations to enhance the knowledge and employability of the students. The outstanding support and research-led training will prepare you to work in national and international organizations.
In this blog, we have tried to narrow down the career path from a vast range of career opportunities. Now, it is your turn to select a path based on your interest area and skills. And if you are a BA aspirant, do not forget to check out the course curriculum of MGU, a private university in Bhopal to make a significant career in this field.
You Might Also Like:-
Is Political science a good career?
Yes, political science is a good career as with this course you will get the opportunity to work as consultants, policy advisers, scholars, lawmakers, and lobbyists for NGOs, governments, international organizations, marketing, and multinational businesses.
What is the fee for BA Hons at private BA colleges in Bhopal?
The fees of BA Hons. at private colleges of Bhopal is approximately 30,000 per annum.
What is the syllabus of a BA in sociology?
The syllabus of a BA in sociology includes the basics of sociology, social stratification, social groups and processes, social research, culture, societies, the evolution of Indian society, the foundation of social thought, population studies, etc.
What is the average salary of a BA graduate in India?
The average salary of a BA graduate is 4,36,168 LPA. However, the salary will vary according to your specialization, skills, and the company you choose to work in.