The Best Free Keyword Research Tools for bloggers in 2018
It is a very popular saying among the SEO community that the content is king.
If you believe in this saying then you won’t deny the fact that the keywords are the queen.
Without keywords, every piece of content is incomplete.
But the question is “where to find relevant keywords for your content?”
Finding keywords is a time-consuming task and it requires a lot of research to find the right set of keywords for your article if the process is done manually.
Thankfully, there are various keyword tools available on the internet that you can use to quickly find high-quality and relevant keywords for your website and take SEO advantage on your competitors.
Since the SEO is getting more difficult each passing day, finding keywords with low competition is also getting difficult day by day.
Using the Keyword Research Tools available, you can not only get access to thousands of keywords but with proper research, you can also find some easy to rank keywords that will ultimately help you rank your site at the top of Google.
There are many Keyword Research Tools are available but most of them are paid and not many people can afford them.
In this article, we will tell you about some free Keyword Research Tools that you as a Blogger can use to find high-quality keywords in 2018 and beyond.
Let’s get started.
Top 5 Free Keyword Research Tools
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is undoubtedly the #1 keyword research tool available today. The best part is, it is 100% free to use.
To use the tool, all you need to have a Google Adwords account.
Google has created this tool to help advertisers find keywords but you can use the tool to research organic keywords for your website or blog.
The tool is very easy to use.
All you need to do is to put some keywords and it will give you the search volumes for those keywords.
The tool will also display many related keywords with their search volume.
- Completely free to use.
- Easy to use dashboard.
- You can compare the average monthly searches for any keyword for last 4 years.
- Suggest you many related keywords based on your seed keywords.
- You can find keywords that people are searching in any particular country or city.
- Gives you keywords data and volume that people search only on Google’s platforms.
- You need to have a Google Adwords account to gain access to this tool.
Yes, you read it right.
Google search can be used as a powerful keyword research tool.
In the last few years, Google has made a lot of changes to how they show search results on its search engine.
So let’s explore how you can find powerful keywords using Google search.
Auto Complete Feature
When you start typing something in Google Search bar, it suggests you some keywords to search based on your inputs.
You can use this feature to find some amazing longtail, easy to rank keywords for your website.
Google Related Searches Feature
When you search something in Google, it shows some related searches at the end of the search results.
This related searches feature can be used as tool to find keywords.
People Also Ask
Google recently added a new feature to its search page that is called “People Also Ask”.
Here Google display some “Question Keywords” that people have searched related to your query.
This section is also a helpful in the keyword research process.
- Completely Free and Easy to use
- No Signup required
- Instant keyword suggestion based on your search query
- No keyword volume data
- Hard to find country or city targeted keywords
KWFinder is another free keyword research tool that you can use to explore some winning keywords.
The free plan comes with some restrictions but it worth giving it a try.
There are three features i.e Suggestions, Autocomplete, and Questions that you can use to find keywords.
The tool also provides “SEO Difficulty Score” to give you an idea about how difficult it is to rank a keyword in SERP.
- Easy to use dashboard
- Good tool for finding long tail keywords
- You can find localize keywords
- Keyword difficulty score
- You can know what websites are ranking on top position for your keyword
- Not completely free
- You can make only 5 lookups in 24 hours
- There is a limit of 50 Keyword suggestions per search
KeywordTool is another free keyword research tool to find profitable keywords for your website.
The tool leverages the power of Google Autocomplete to suggest you some keyword ideas.
Unlike other keyword research tool, it can find keywords from Google, Youtube, Amazon, Bing, eBay, and AppStore.
The website design is clean and easy to follow.
Just choose the tab i.e Google, Youtube, Amazon, Bing, eBay, or AppStore, enter your keyword, press search button and sit tight. The tool will suggest you a list of keyword based on your seed keyword.
- No need to create an account to find keywords
- Search keywords from Google, Youtube, Amazon, Bing, eBay, and AppStore
- Search keyword from any country
- One of the best alternative to Google keyword planner
- Up to 750+ long-tail keyword suggestions for every search term
- Option to copy or export keyword list
- No search volume on free plan
- No keyword difficulty score
- Suggest keywords only based on Google autocomplete
Moz Keyword Research Tool
If you are a blogger, you must have used Moz to check your domain’s domain authority and page authority. But do you know,Moz also has a keyword research tool?
The keyword research tool is one of the latest additions to the tools that Moz Pro offers.
You can search keywords by entering a keyword, root domain, subdomain, or page. Just enter any one of those and it will find keywords for you.
The tool comes very handy when you want to find keywords of your competitors. Just enter the domain of your competitor in the search box and it will show you all the keywords with their positions in SERP and SEO score.
- Easy to use dashboard
- You can search keyword by entering a keyword, root domain, subdomain, or page
- Good tool for finding keywords that your competitor is ranking for
- Search keyword from any country
- Know the monthly volume of any keyword
- Know the keyword difficulty score
- Option to export all the keywords with position in SERP, monthly searches, difficulty score
- You need to have a Moz account to use the free tool
- Free tool comes a limit of 30 searches per month
Finding great keywords is a time consuming task and require lots of research.
The Keyword Research tools makes this task a little easy but still you need to use some common sense in your keyword selection process.
Never judge a keyword’s potential by just looking at its volume.
My experience says that long tail and low volume keywords are easy to rank compared to the short and high volume keywords. I use the same strategy to find low competitive and profitable keywords for my website Windows Web Hosting Blog –CheaperASP.
I hope my article was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment box.
TauseefAlam is a full time Internet Marketer from New Delhi, India. He is blogging since 2010 and runs blogs in different niches. CheaperASP is one his blogs where he publishes reviews and comparison of web hosting companies offering Windows Web Hosting services.