If you are looking for a hosting solution for your personal blog or your online business, Linux-based hosting can be a good option for you. This kind of web hosting is user-friendly and offers a more customizable hosting solution. Linux is also an open-source operating system, so Linux hosting costs less than Windows hosting, where you need proprietary software to run your website.
Most popular hosting companies offer Linux hosting solutions that range from shared Linux server hosting, which is the simplest form of web hosting to dedicated Linux server hosting. So, whether you are a student or a working professional/business owner, there is Linux server hosting for your needs.
So now comes the question, which hosting company offers the best Linux server hosting services, and which one will be personally best for me? Don’t worry, in this article, we have covered the top 10 companies that offer the best Linux server hosting and discussed the features they offer. By the end of this article, you will definitely be able to figure out which hosting company suits your needs the most.
Table of Contents
10 Best Linux Server Hosting Providers:
Bluehost is a hosting company based in Utah, the USA has been providing top-class hosting solutions since 2003.
They provide a variety of web hosting solutions like shared web hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated hosting, etc and they use Linux servers to host your website.
Bluehost Hosting Features:
- Data centers are equipped with super fast SSD storage to ensure that you get a low server response time. CloudFlare CDN to ensure that the page loading time is minimal.
- Bluehost uses cPanel as a control panel for managing your websites which is very beginner friendly and easy to learn.
- Bluehost guarantees 99.9% website uptime with all their plans. So your website will barely be off the internet.
- Bluehost offers some great features like 1-click installation, free drag-and-drop site builder, and free site transfer for the WordPress websites hosted on their platform.
- Apart from regular features like free SSL certificates, SSH, and HTTP 2 support, Bluehost provides free web-based firewalls and spam/malware protection to ensure website security.
- Guarantees a 99.9% website uptime.
- Optimized for WordPress websites.
- Free domain name for the first year
- Free SSL certificate, CDN and SEO tools
- 24/7 customer support system
- The renewal price of the plans are pretty expensive.
- No free website migration for non-WordPress websites.
- Aggressive upselling strategy
Dreamhost has been providing quality web hosting services since 1996 which makes it one of the oldest hosting providers in the market.
The main positive point of Dreamhost is the performance of the websites. Apart from web hosting, they also provide some additional services like web designing, SEO, social media management etc.
- Offers great page loading speed and response time and they maintain that even under high traffic conditions. Also, the website’s uptime is nearly 100%.
- Dreamhost provides two-factor authentication and a web-based firewall to ensure the security of the websites apart from the general security features.
- You get free backups for WordPress websites and up to 8 free backups for regular websites.
- Provides necessary services like SEO, digital marketing, etc.
- Great website performance and uptime
- Free domain for the first year
- Free SSL certificate, CDN
- 97 days money back guarantee
- Not very beginner friendly
- High renewal costs
- Extra charges for add-ons
Hostgator will be the perfect choice for you if you are looking for quality Linux server hosting at an affordable price. They have provided hosting solutions to over 2 million customers since 2002.
With Hostgator, you can host your website for less than $3 a month, which is great for students and other low-income professionals.
Hostgator Hosting Features:
- Hostgator uses SSD storage on its servers and CDN to improve the performance of your websites.
- They guarantee an uptime of 99.9%
- Hostgator, in partnership with SiteLock, provides firewall and spam removal software for your website.
- For a minimal fee, you can get daily automatic back-ups for your website
- They have an expert customer support team to resolve your queries 24/7/365.
- Inexpensive plans
- The website performance and uptime is pretty good under normal conditions.
- Unmetered bandwidth with all plans.
- Free domain for the first year
- CDN and Free SSL Certificate,
- Website transfer is free of cost
- Performance deteriorates under high traffic.
- Not ideal for large scale websites
- Not very optimized for WordPress.
4. Cloudways Hosting
Cloudways Hosting is a cloud hosting service provider based in Malta, EU. Although they are pretty new to the hosting business, they have established themselves as the leading cloud hosting service provider and support all the top cloud platforms like DigitalOcean, AWS, and Google Cloud.
Cloudways Hosting Features:
- As the hosting is done using cloud platforms, the websites are highly scalable and perform smoothly even under high traffic.
- Server-level caching and CDN ensure that the loading time of the website is less.
- Cloudways provides you with OS-level firewalls and advanced DDoS protection to keep your website safe from cyber threats.
- They follow a pay-as-you-go model where you pay only for the resources you have used.
- Website performance and uptime is better than traditional hosting solutions.
- Unlimited websites can be hosted in a single account
- The pay-as-you-go model is cost-effective
- Free SSL certificate
- Free website migration
- The prices are higher
- Free domain name not provided
- Has a steep learning curve
5. Inmotion hosting
Inmotion Hosting is a US-based hosting service provider that has been providing quality Linux-based hosting solutions since 2001. With Inmotion hosting, you can choose which Linux distribution you want to use in your system.
They also have a 90-day money-back guarantee which shows confidence in their service.
Inmotion Hosting Features:
- All websites are hosted on SSD-based servers which ensures higher speed.
- Inmotion offers you a smooth onboarding and setup process.
- Free SSL certificate, DDoS, and malware protection to make your website secure.
- Unlimited bandwidth with all their hosting plans.
- Freedom to choose the required Linux distribution
- Unlimited bandwidth and email addresses (except for the core plan) with all plans
- Free marketing suite and Google Workspace with all plans.
- No data center in the Asian region
- Not very beginner friendly.
6. A2 hosting:
If speed is your most important consideration, A2 hosting is a good option. This hosting is also good for developers who want more control over the customization of their websites.
This US-based company has been providing quality web hosting solutions since 2003 and has won many awards of excellence in this field.
- SSD storage, CDN, and speed optimizations make your website blazing fast by reducing the server response time and loading time.
- A2 gives you access to admin-level servers and supports multiple versions of PHP, MySQL, Python, and Ruby which is great for developers
- Free antivirus, firewall to prevent cyber attacks, and scalable servers to prevent DDoS attacks.
- Expert 24/7 customer support system
- Website performance is great
- Developer friendly hosting
- Provides free website transfer
- Free daily backups
- Beginners may find it difficult to learn.
- No free domain
Hostinger can be the perfect Linux hosting platform for you if you want better performance at an affordable price. This web hosting provider is one of my personal favourites and their plans start at below $2. And don’t worry, their service is top-notch and valuable for money.
- A wide network of data centres equipped with SSD storage to improve the performance of your website. They also guarantee 99.9% uptime.
- CDN and LiteSpeed cache speeds up the website loading process
- Offers 1-click installation, site-builder and other optimizations for WordPress users.
- Scalability is not an issue as you can upgrade your plan anytime
- Affordable and value for money plans
- Great website loading speed and uptime
- Free SSL certificate and domain (for the first year)
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 24/7 expert customer support
- The basic plan does not contain some important features
- Renewal costs are higher.
8. Greengeeks Hosting:
If you are looking for an energy-efficient and environment-friendly hosting option, GreenGeeks is for you.
The company began its journey in 2007 and in this small time, they have become #1 in providing a green hosting solution and has a customer base of over 55000 people.
Greengeeks Hosting Features:
- With GreenGeeks you can host unlimited websites even with the basic plans. They also offer unlimited free site transfers.
- Free drag-and-drop builder and unlimited email accounts to set-up your online business
- Free daily backup, advanced firewall and Let’s Encrypt SSL to protect your website.
- 24/7 customer support via phone/live chat/ticket-based system.
- Provides energy-efficient hosting solutions
- 99.9% uptime
- Free domain for the first year
- Free SSL, CDN.
- Unlimited bandwidth, emails and database
- Websites fail to perform under high traffic conditions
- Not beginner friendly
Fastomet, although pretty new to the hosting business, provides some great features to its customers at a very competitive price.
The best thing is that you can select your Linux servers based on the resources they offer (RAM, CPU, etc.).
- They have over 11 data centres spread across the world which ensure better website performance.
- All necessary security features like free SSL certificate, SSH, firewall, and malware protection provided
- The onboarding and setup process is pretty simple
- Free daily and weekly data backups to protect your data.
- Daily and weekly backups
- Free domain transfer
- Free SSL certificate and CDN
- 24/7 priority support
- 45 days money back guarantee
- The plan pricing is on the higher side
- Cannot provide free domain name
Siteground is a cloud hosting service provider that uses the Google Cloud Platform to host websites.
You can host your website using the Linux servers of Google at an affordable price. Also, as it is hosted in the cloud, the website performance and uptime will be top-notch.
- Google cloud platform ensures that your website is superfast and almost 100% uptime
- Page loading speed increased using in-built CDN
- The hosting is completely automated, so you don’t need to worry about updates, security checks, etc.
- Free website builders to make websites in minutes
- Beginner-friendly interface
- Free site transfer
- Unmetered bandwidth and unlimited databases
- Free SSL certificate and CDN
- Free website builder
- Only shared hosting available, no VPS hosting or dedicated servers.
- No daily backups on cheaper plans.
Now that we have discussed all the features and pros/cons of the 10 best Linux server hosting providers, which one do we recommend? Personally speaking, if website speed is your main priority, you should go with companies like A2 hosting or cloud hosting providers like Siteground or Cloudways. But companies like Hostgator and Hostinger are also great if your project is comparatively smaller or you are low on budget.
I hope this article gave you a detailed insight into the 10 best Linux server hosting providers in the market.
You Might Also Like:-
- MilesWeb Hosting Review
- Verpex Reseller Hosting Review
- 8 Reasons You Should Be Using InterServer Hosting