Jio Setup Box Booking Online and Registration | Jio DTH Price & Plans
Reliance Jio is now on the verge of becoming the biggest telecom company in India with its carefully planted marketing strategy and financial decisions, Jio is already a household name and a mega-brand in India. With the excellent track record of surprising its customer, Jio has launched its Jio Setup box, Jio DTH in 1600 cities of India.
Reliance JioFiber (Jio Setup Box) launch details:
- 💰 Plans will be priced between Rs 699 to Rs 8,499.
- 📞 Free voice calls for everyone
- ☎️ Lowest international calling rates
- 📺 Bundled subscriptions with major OTT platforms
- 🍿 First-day-first-show movie screenings
- ⚡️ Launch from September 5
The base plan starts at speed of 100 MBPS and goes up to 1GBPS
Jio Setup Box Booking Online and Registration: Jio DTH Price and Plan
This and when it launches is sure to change the landscape of DTH (Direct to Home) services in India.
With all the expectation and speculation in the market, this articles aims a one-stop destination for all details of Jio setup Box, Jio GigaTv, Jio GigaRouter and plenty of Jio devices that are expected to hit the market late this year.
The initial framework for establishing cost-effective and high-quality DTH services across India has been in line with high-speed Jio GigaFiber which has already been tested in phases throughout metro cities and Jio GigaRouter which will connect the Jio setup box with the internet.
Jio GigaTv is aimed toward providing over 600 HD channels through Jio setup box.
How To Apply for Jio Setup Box
Although there was no official confirmation of the picture of Jio set-top box went viral early this year, many trusted sources in the media have revealed that Jio DTH booking will be available on 5 September 2019.
The application procedure would be the same as that of Jio Giga Fiber where the user would have to register them through official Jio website along with all Reliance Digital and Reliance Xpress stores. They would be required to submit an application with a photocopy of their identity proof.
Jio setup box online booking will also be available along with offline modes.
After the initial distribution, it is expected that Jio setup box will be made available to the normal user through various online E-commerce websites such as Flipkart, Amazon and Reliance’s own Reliance Digital website.
In a nutshell, you need the following to apply for Jio Setup box:
- Address, City, State
- Your Name, Mobile Number, Email Id
After registration through mobile OTP, a Jio executive will visit your place to verify all information.
Jio DTH Configuration
We can expect some very sensational and innovative technology to be implemented in Jio DTH service as the company has started during the first phase of testing of Jio GigaFiber.
Jio Fiber installation service is free but you have to pay Rs.2500 for Jio router. But Rs.1500 will be refundable security deposit for Jio router. Additionally, if you want Jio Fiber Cable TV then you have to opt for a separate paid subscription plan.
Jio Fiber promised to give 100Mbps to 1 Gbps. New subscribers under the preview offer will get the JioFiber services free for two months.
Jio Giga Fiber will be Reliance first step toward helping in using the Internet of Things(IoT) in smart homes ideas.
The specification of Jio Setup box is going to outrun established norms of the DTH services.
- It will be enabled with Google Chrome casting and is speculated to be on Android Tv Operating system.
- Could also be controlled through IR blaster (Infrared blaster) and Bluetooth technology. Jio could also be using Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) technology to take the next step toward smart homes.
- Apart from HDMI support, Jio DTH will be equipped with 4K UHD recording by using a storage device.
- The WiFi could be a dual-band with IEEE 802.11ac 5GHz (2X2) Interface which would help in fast connectivity with the network.
- Jio’s DTH will be going to be using Over-the-top technology which will allow the user to get the content directly to their homes through the Internet bypassing other telecommunication networks.
As expected from a Reliance product, the Jio Fibre and Jio DTH price will be exceptionally low as compared with its peer. There are also many different tariffs available according to the request of customers. The following table shows the basic standard prices:
Jio Prime Offer
As we have seen in the past with Jio 4G (VoLTE enabled) sim card and JioFi Dongle distribution, Reliance Jio will be bringing its Prime offer benefits to the early customers of Jio setup box where they would be able to get the benefit of six-month subscription with the purchase of Jio setup box.
Why Jio setup Box/ Jio HomeTv
As soon as Jio DTH and Jio Giga Fiber will hit the market, it will make a direct impact on the market both through its numerous high-tech features and with its attractive prices.
The Jio setup box plans will be highly lucrative for every new customer as the plans are divided according to individual convenience.
- All the SD channels (standard Definition) can be availed at Rs 200 while SD+HD channels can be availed at Rs 400/month.
- Will be based on MBps (Enhanced Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service) which will use television as well as radio architecture for offering HD content to its user.
- Jio DTH will most probably be available with a “ catch up” option for a week, which means the user can watch all the television content of the previous week.
- Through the used of broadcast mode, Jio HomeTv users would be able to watch HD content even without an active Internet connection or in offline mode.
- Jio setup box will provide over 360 channels of which 50 are supposed to be HD Tv channels.->Will be enabled with voice-recognition and instruction which in itself attract a lot of customers.
- Will be enabled with voice-recognition and instruction which in itself attract a lot of customers.
- JioFiber will come bundled with Premium Subscriptions of all the major OTT Content providers like Hotstar, Netflix, Amazon Prime, SonyLIV, ErosNow, Hoichoi, AltBalaji, etc.
- The Jio 4K Set Top Box will be bundled with all complimentary Jio services, including Live TV Channels, Free International Video Conferencing, Console Quality Gaming, VR and AR solutions.
As we have stated that although there is no official confirmation of the Jio setup box launching date, much has been written about it through various media outlets like The Indian Express, The Financial Times, and Reliance itself have given us glimpses about their products like the new Jio Giga Fiber.
So, it is only a matter of time that Jio DTH services are made available to the waiting DTH customers of our country.
We will keep you posted about any development that will happen in the near future about Jio DTH and Jio HomeTV services.
Let us know, what you guys think of recent Jio product, GigaFiber and what are your expectations with Jio Setup box and DTH services.
Still confused? Reach out to Jio set–top Box care on 1860-893-3333.